Simon Fraser University
COMPETITION NUMBER: 002
Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
DIRECTOR, CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS, GRADE 14
CONTINUING STUDIES – CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS
POSITION NUMBER: 114273
The Director, Career and Professional Programs is responsible for developing the strategic plans, goals, and objectives for several large non-credit revenue generating programs, including writing and communications, and management and professional programs, as well as the overall effective management of these programs at all campuses. The Director works collaboratively with the Associate Directors to provide strategic leadership in conceptualizing and planning new innovative non-credit programs and to enhance existing non-credit programs that anticipate future trends and support Lifelong Learning’s strategic plans and SFU’s vision. The Director oversees the Associate Directors in the design, development, implementation, management, and evaluation of innovative new and existing non-credit program courses, workshops, seminar series, certificates, diplomas, and laddering opportunities within and outside the University. The Director provides leadership to senior representatives across the University, external business and professional association representatives, and industry experts; builds partnerships with other post-secondary institutions; and participates on university-wide and Lifelong Learning committees to provide expertise and information, including non-credit program curriculum design, development, and delivery. The Director develops and directs the program area budget (approximately $3M), develops performance metrics, and collaborates with the Director, Marketing & Communications to oversee the development of marketing/communications plans and strategies for the program area. Please note: This position will work at both SFU Surrey and SFU Vancouver.
- A Doctorate degree in education, business management, or a related discipline, and 6 years of related experience including experience in strategic planning, non-credit revenue generating curriculum, course and program development/management at the post-secondary level, and budget and staffing management, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the design, development, and delivery of curriculum.
- Excellent strategic planning, curriculum, course, and program planning skills.
- Excellent budget and human resources management skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent decision-making, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and measure program performance metrics.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and to develop and maintain partnerships and collegial relationships in the workplace, community, and with professional associations and industry representatives.
SALARY RANGE: $92,498 to $110,457 per annum
STATE DATE: ASAP
A detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #002 must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on
January 22, 2018, addressed to the attention of Francesca Turrell, Human Resources Advisor. Please follow the application instructions at: http://www.sfu.ca/hr/prospective_employees/HowToApply.html.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The University is committed to the principle of equity in employment
A more detailed job description may be obtained at www.sfu.ca/jobpostings
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.sfu.ca/hr/prospective_employees/HowToApply.html →